LIMITED TO 700 COPIES
Many agree that it was the quality of Hammer’s sets that distinguished them from their rivals as their ornate castle interiors with their bold exteriors gave the impression the films had much bigger budgets than they had. Production designer Bernard Robinson and his art director Don Mingaye steered the art department at Hammer’s home at Bray Studios from 1956 to 1966 and, when Robinson finally left Hammer in 1969, Scott MacGregor took over the department for their Elstree and Pinewood based programmes from 1969-73. From The Quatermass Xperiment (1954) to To the Devil a Daughter (1975) we take a film by film look at the work of the art department including the mattes and models provided by the SPFX team that enhanced the sets and added to the art department’s vision.
- 360 sumptuous colour pages
- Signed and numbered collector’s edition limited to only 700 copies.
- Largest collection of Bernard Robinson/Don Mingaye’s original drafted designs (floor plans and elevations) ever printed in a single publication, many restored for the first time.
- Largest collection of Scott MacGregor’s concept design set paintings ever printed in a single publication, many colour ones published for the first time and full paged.
- Largest collection of schedules, call sheets and progress reports ever published and discussed showing the designation of sets on stages and the order they were used.
- Rare and exclusive photos of the capsizing of the ship in The Devil Ship Pirates, some published for the first time.
ORDER NOW so you don’t miss out – Only £60 + postage and packing
UK £5.00 (second class)
USA/Canada surface (Can take up to 6 weeks) £16.00
Rest of the World surface (Can take up to 6 weeks) £16.00
ORDERING IS SIMPLE VIA PAYPAL… Don’t have a PayPal account? – No problem, you can pay with your Credit/Debit card as a PayPal guest. The book costs only £60. Use the sections below to order.
To place an order: Please ensure you select CORRECT SECTION below for your part of the world then click add to cart. Thank You
Price is £60 + Shipping as shown – UK £5.00 (second class)/Europe 17.00/USA and Canada surface £16.00/Rest of the World surface £16.00
TO COMPLETE ORDER VISIT THE CHECKOUT PAGE
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
Due to the current situation with coronavirus in the UK, some overseas orders are taking longer to ship or may experience delays in reaching you – apologies for anyone this affects but this is out of our control.
Rest of the World Surface
USA/Rest of the World Airmail
Due to covid-19, airmail costs to outside europe from UK has suddenly escalated to extortionate rates due to fewer planes. We value our overseas customers and do not want to demand stupid airmail prices from them, when their transit can still be delayed. We are currently removing airmail as an option until the situation relaxes. Surface mail takes up to 6 weeks (currently possibly longer) but this cost has remained the same. The books are posted in sturdy book boxes and many of our customers use this cheaper option already.
Take a peek inside